Finance and Grants Manager
Counterpart International is seeking a Finance and Grants Manager for a 2-year program. Under the direction of the Chief of Party and in coordination with Counterpart finance staff, the Finance and Grants Manger will be responsible for all contract, grant, financial and administration oversight of the program. This includes designing and overseeing grant programs, preparing financial reports and documents, and developing compliance and admin policies for grants and finances. The ideal candidate will have a master’s degree in finance/accounting and 8+ years of experience working with USAID and international development programs
Duties and Responsibilities:
Through close collaboration with the Chief of Party, the Finance and Grants Manager will:
- Supervise grants, finance, and administration departments to ensure efficient and effective operation.
- Oversee grant-making process from start to finish and ensure that program grants meet program objectives and design.
- Ensure that donor rules and regulations for all grant, finance, and administrative procedures are followed.
- Prepare financial reports for internal and donor audiences.
- Create and monitor budgets; prepare periodic budget projections and inform program staff and management about budget issues that arise.
- Manage and oversee internal controls, cash distribution system and accounting for cash disbursements, bank operations, and external audits to ensure program’s fiscal security.
- Oversee all financial transactions and recording.
- Oversee the procurement of goods in compliance with Counterpart and donor rules and regulations.
- Possible travel to monitor grants and awards and provide support to sub-grantees.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working with international development programs in finance, administration, and security functions;
- A Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Finance/Accounting
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded programs;
- Solid computer skills in Word, Excel and Quick Book accounting software;
- Fluency in foreign language preferred
Please apply online at www.Counterpart.org. No calls or emails please.
Counterpart is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and the physically challenged are encouraged to apply